Thursday, June 21, 2012

Placement!

Hello again! Just wanted to share that today, I found out that I have been placed at the BCCM's Women's and Handicraft Center in Tenom. I'll be working with women who are developing vocational skills in Fair Trade Hadicrafts.  There are also opportunities outside the center to work with a children and youth choir and help with conversational English (and have plenty of chances to learn Malay!).  I have to say, I'm incredibly ecstatic about my placement and the challenges and joys it presents. I feel that it will incorporate my gifts and talents and allow me to grow in new ways.  At the same time, I can't think of an assignment that pulls together so many of my interests and lets me explore and learn at the same time.  It has been truly amazing to witness how God has been at work in this process and watch the puzzle pieces fall into place. I look forward to August and getting to meet everyone at the BCCM and building relationships in the coming year.

1 comment:

  1. I have you bookmarked and will be trying to keep up with you and your travels. I look forward to your trip.

    ReplyDelete